Monday, February 27, 2012

Quilter's Camera

I'm excited!  My online quilting friend Bonnie, who encouraged me to even start a blog, is now sharing with me her knowledge on how to make a camera system for under the longarm.  It's used to see your stitches under the quilt while you are quilting.  That way you can see if your stitches are not good before you get done, and then find out they are bad and have to rip out.  I hate ripping out!!  Nothing worse than quilting along thinking it looks great, then rolling the quilt forward and finding nasty little nests of thread on the back!!  This camera system will let me see the stitching as I go.  Bonnie has the whole set up shown on her blog.  Ya'll should check it out.  http://www.bloomingquilts.com/  I'll post pictures when I get it set up.  I ordered all the parts tonight. 

I've been trying to work on the baby quilt an hour or so everyday when I get home from work.  I didn't get anything done Saturday because of the basketball game, and I missed Sunday, so I could go to church.  Hopefully, I'll get some done when I get home this morning.  I'm more than half done, so I might could get it done by Wednesday, and then get the next one loaded.  The next one is a Texas Tech T-shirt quilt and the customer needs it done by the end of the week, because she is giving it to her son when they go to see him next week.  YIKES!  Deadlines make me nervous! 

  Ya'll have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment