Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Winter in Lubbock!

Well, we finally got a little bit of winter here in Lubbock.  I think the weather man said about 4 inches of snow accumulation.  That's quite a bit for us!  And it actually stuck to the ground.  It will probably be gone by tomorrow afternoon, but for now it's pretty.  Not much fun to drive in though, because we don't get enough for people to learn how to drive in it.  I get off at 6AM though, so I'll get home before the morning traffic gets going.  That's a relief.  People are crazy around here on icy roads.

I am almost finished with my BOM quilt, and that's good, because I need to get it off the long arm. I have a baby quilt that I have to have ready for the shower this Sunday.  Here are a few shots from the BOM.


 
It's kind of hard to get good pictures while it's still on the long arm.  I'll post more after it's done. 

Here is a picture of the baby quilt I made.  The pattern is adapted from one I found in a McCall's quilt magazine.  I'll have to get the exact information later. 


It's really a lot cuter in person.  The blocks are 15 inches finished, so with the borders it measures about 60" x 45".  I'll post finished picures after it's quilted.  The baby's name is going to be Lucy, and they  are doing the room all in pink.  Shabby chic pink?  So these fabrics just reminded me of the "I Love Lucy" era, and I just couldn't resist:).  I might quilt some hearts in the snow ball blocks? 

Well, I guess that's all for today.  Everybody have a safe a blessed day! 


2 comments:

  1. Your baby quilt is so cute, and your Bom quilt looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Kath. I hope the baby quilt goes fast on the long arm.

      Delete