Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Handpainted fabric

At Christmas time, I had all my kids and grandkids at the house, so I got the bright idea that I would let the grandkids all paint some fabric for me.  They had a blast!  I also had their parents paint a piece.  It's actually funny to watch the difference in kids and adults when you tell them to paint anything they want.  The kids just started painting.  Mixing colors, exclaiming " Gammie, I had blue on my brush and when I put it in the yellow paint, it turned green!"  Then you have the adults, very carefully planning what they will paint, and meticulously cleaning the brush between colors.  I had fun just watching.  Then, when everyone was done, I took all their little cups of leftover paints, and painted a piece myself.  I called it " leftovers" :)  The kids loved it.  It has some interesting variations of brown on it.  I'll have to dig it out and post a picture of it. 

In the meantime, here are some photos of the kids having fun.






Someday, I'll have a quilt made out of these beautiful one of a kind fabrics, and the kids will have it to remember this very special Christmas we all shared together.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment