Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Last day of this rotation!

Tonight is the last night of my 7 day rotation!  Yeah!!  Then I am off for 7 days.  That's the best part about my night shift.  I get 7 days off to do as I please.  I can go see my grandkids in Oklahoma and not have to use my vacation time.  So, that's where I am headed this Friday.  We are having a birthday party for grandson number 3.  He just turned 3, but he had to wait for Gammie to get off to have his party.  He doesn't seem to mind.  (HaHa.  We'll see how that goes in a few years when he is old enough to understand what's going on.)  We are having his party at one of those jump places.  They are great!  They organize everything, keep everything on time, and you don't even have to do any clean up after the party is over!  And the kids love it!  They completely wear themselves out. 

As far as the quilting goes, I got very little done.  I quilted feathers on one border of the Jamestown quilt.  It turned out pretty good, but I stayed up until 9 working on it, so of course I overslept, and had to rush to get to work on time.  This morning I hope to turn the quilt and get one of the side borders done. 

Feathers probably weren't the best choice for the border since it is a busy fabric, but I started it, and didn't want to rip it out, so they stay :)

Everybody keep safe and hope your day is blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment