Sunday, July 15, 2012

Where does the time go?

I finally finished the custom Christmas quilt I was working on.  Took me about 6 days.  Not constant work, but that's because my back couldn't take it.  No pictures yet, because she wanted to bind it first, so....you'll have to come back to see it.:-)

So, I went and started a walking program with a friend of mine.  Our goal is to do a walking half marathon.  We walk 4 days out of 7 days.  3-8 miles/day depending on the schedule.  Then we are supposed to do an alternate type of cross training work out on 2 days, and rest on Sunday.  I've done pretty well on the walking days.  Not so well on the cross training days.  And great on the day of rest:)  Haven't lost any weight yet, but surely that'll come!  Right?  My friend says she feels soooo much better, and has a burst of energy now.  I'm still waiting for that to hit as well.  Hopefully, soon.  Anyway, we've completed 2 weeks of the training program so far.  The farthest we've walked is 7 miles.  It was supposed to be 6 miles, but we were a mile from the house when we hit the 6 mile mark, so had to go the rest of the way.  (HaHa.)  The half marathon will be 13 miles total, and we still have 2 1/2 months to train for it, so hopefully I'll get there.  Wish me luck!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment