Saturday, July 28, 2012

A little sample of some of my past projects

I've been working my fulltime job so much, and training for the walking 1/2 marathon, that I haven't had time to do much of anything else. This morning we walked 6 miles in 1 hr 28 minutes.  That's under 4 miles / hr., so we were walking pretty fast.  I'm getting better, but Gilda can outwalk me any day of the week so far.  I call her a little speed demon. :-) 

Here are some pictures of some quilts I've finished recently,


This is Mary's double wedding ring quilt.  She said she's already made three of these.  The colors don't show as well as I'd like, but it has kind of an island feel to it.  Very pretty.

A close up of the free hand quilting I did.


This is a quilt I made for a friend as a going away gift.  She has worked with me for 9 years, and just recently moved back to her home in California.  I'm really going to miss working with her.  She used to always send me these "Maxine" jokes in my email, so when I saw this fabric, I knew it had to go to her.  I just need to get it bound and in the mail.

A close up.

from the back side.

This is a wall hanging I did for Pat.  She made it as a gift.

A close up

the back side.  You can't really tell, but it's supposed to look like a windmill,, as that is the theme of the fabric panel.
Now, I have to end with some pictures of a few of my beautiful grandbabies.  It was a hot day, and they were chasing bubbles.  You can tell how much fun they were having by the joy in there smiles:






Here's wishing you all the joy of a child in the summer time!

1 comment:

  1. Do you still quilt for others? If so, would you please email me at cheryl1964 at comcast dot net?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete